Weaving together energy and thoughts and putting them into words and action is what I thrive on. Constantly working on the balance between my heart and mind to form an equal team is also what I thrive on, and it has been challenging often (so far).
On the welcome page of my website I have put this statement: ‘The world I walk in is one where Intuition rules and Awareness is my daily practice. Come walk with me! I take this very seriously in my everyday life.
I believe we are in a constant training process, to fine-tune our skills and abilities for this adventurous thing called life.
Bringing together energy and consciousness is a lifelong lesson, and we decide if it is strenuous or fun.
We decide if and when we suffer or not. It is our individual perspective that matters, it is our SOUL that matters. We always have a choice, and we do carry the responsibility for our well-being.
Phew! That’s quite something, isn’t it? Taking on such a big ‘job’ of deliberately creating our individual life, and the path we are walking on. So let’s break it down into a few steps. Where do we start, knowing it is all on us?
HOW do we get where we want to be? The following points are suggestions. I’ve worked with all of them and still do.
- Acknowledging that we are an intricate piece of art – a human. So colourful, so vibrant, so agile in body, mind and soul. A complex ‘thing’ with a multitude of thoughts and emotions, formed by our upbringing and the lessons we have learned and integrated to this point.
- Accepting what is right now, without judgement.
- Embracing the opportunity to be who we want to be, without the pressure of having to achieve this state in a certain amount of physical time.
- Breathing. Simple, yet so effective, when we remember to really breathe deeply. Through the joy as well as through the pain.
- Dancing. When we physically move to any kind of music, everything in us starts moving and shifting, even if it is only tiny movements and shifts.
- Trusting. In our Self; that we ARE on the right track; that right here right now is exactly where we are supposed to be.
- Feeling. There is so much emotion surging through us, and sometimes it is too much to feel it all. Yet, feeling ‘it’ is such a great gift, and often we suppress this gift, as we think (!) life requires us to pull ourselves together for the sake of the world.
- Resting. Yes, please. Without guilt.
- Finding our birds of a feather. When we start sharing our heart, we will realize quickly that we are not as alone as we thought we are in our weirdness/strangeness/insert-any-label-here.
- Opening. Yes, let’s open some more to our own soul, to the energy that we feel inside and also in the world. Let’s open our hearts more, to receiving the love that we might crave, from ourselves as well as from everybody out there in the world.
- Giving thanks. Gratitude is a sure way to shift us into a state of connection with our soul, no matter where we are in our day and our life.
- Playing. When we play like children, we lose this seriousness that life often requires from us.
- Enjoying. Whatever gets us into a frame of joy, let’s do more of that. Being in joy brings more joy, bringing more joy, brings more joy.
Life offers us many opportunities every moment of every day to shift our perspective and our consciousness.
It is our choice to take life up on these offers, or to decline and stay covered under the protective blankets we have created to shield us from too much of everything.
The good thing is that we don’t have to pull off these blankets in one big swoop to reconnect with life and the world, it is enough to just lift one tiny corner of our blankets and let in some fresh thought, energy and air. When we consciously open up to receive, we will receive.
We decide what we let in, and we are always in control of our lives, whether we believe it or not. Free will is a great gift; the question is how we apply it in our daily adventure of conscious awareness.
The steps we take in our life might be physical; they might be through thoughts or through shifting our energy. Inspiration can come from anywhere, no matter if it’s a thought, a feeling or something/somebody that comes from outside of us.
As life doesn’t happen in a straight line that could be mathematically calculated, applying steps might often only be possible in a random order. I personally love random stuff; I also love surprises and coincidences.
Yet my mind goes ‘oh no!’ when I say things like that, because surprises sometimes come to us in ways we don’t expect, like our loved ones dying out of the blue for example (happened to me, that’s a whole other story though).
That is a surprise nobody wants, yet it happens anyway. How we personally deal with such an event depends on how well we are connected to all parts of our humanness, and how much we trust life to catch us.
Which brings us back to the beginning, or maybe it leads us back into the circle, which has no beginning and no end.
Wherever we go, we are there. No matter if we take a physical journey, let our minds wander or surf a wave of emotion and energy, we are there. And here. Right now.
We have all learned some amazing tricks to avoid facing stuff, the question I ask is – does avoiding help us? How much energy do we focus on avoiding to see/feel/be/do something or someone? And how could we instead use all this energy to aid us on our path of well-being?
Life often requires multi-tasking from us, and so we adapt, and we multitask. Is it possible to separate the multi tasks into single tasks and focus on each task singularly, if only for a few minutes?
Consciously breaking down our daily routines can help us to refocus our energy, to housekeep our inner resources. Which in turn can help us to deal more stable with whatever life offers us in our days.
Baby – life’s what you make it!
You can find much more information on living a holistic lifestyle in these free magazines and on our YouTube channel.
Barbara Patterson – Conscious Awareness Teacher