Weaving together energy and thoughts and putting them into words and action is what I thrive on. Constantly working on the balance between my heart and mind to form an equal team is also what I thrive on, and it has been challenging often (so far).
On the welcome page of my website I have put this statement: ‘The world I walk in is one where Intuition rules and Awareness is my daily practice. Come walk with me! I take this very seriously in my everyday life. .
I believe we are in a constant training process, to fine-tune our skills and abilities for this adventurous thing called life.
Bringing together energy and consciousness is a lifelong lesson, and we decide if it is strenuous or fun.
We decide if and when we suffer or not. It is our individual perspective that matters, it is our SOUL that matters. We always have a choice, and we do carry the responsibility for our well-being.
Phew! That’s quite something, isn’t it? Taking on such a big ‘job’ of deliberately creating our individual life, and the path we are walking on. So let’s break it down into a few steps. Where do we start, knowing it is all on us?
HOW do we get where we want to be? The following points are suggestions. I’ve worked with all of them and still do.
- Acknowledging that we are an intricate piece of art – a human. So colourful, so vibrant, so agile in body, mind and soul. A complex ‘thing’ with a multitude of thoughts and emotions, formed by our upbringing and the lessons we have learned and integrated to this point.
- Accepting what is right now, without judgement.
- Embracing the opportunity to be who we want to be, without the pressure of having to achieve this state in a certain amount of physical time.
- Breathing. Simple, yet so effective, when we remember to really breathe deeply. Through the joy as well as through the pain.
- Dancing. When we physically move to any kind of music, everything in us starts moving and shifting, even if it is only tiny movements and shifts.
- Trusting. In our Self; that we ARE on the right track; that right here right now is exactly where we are supposed to be.
- Feeling. There is so much emotion surging through us, and sometimes it is too much to feel it all. Yet, feeling ‘it’ is such a great gift, and often we suppress this gift, as we think (!) life requires us to pull ourselves together for the sake of the world.
- Resting. Yes, please. Without guilt.
- Finding our birds of a feather. When we start sharing our heart, we will realize quickly that we are not as alone as we thought we are in our weirdness/strangeness/insert-any-label-here.
- Opening. Yes, let’s open some more to our own soul, to the energy that we feel inside and also in the world. Let’s open our hearts more, to receiving the love that we might crave, from ourselves as well as from everybody out there in the world.
- Giving thanks. Gratitude is a sure way to shift us into a state of connection with our soul, no matter where we are in our day and our life.
- Playing. When we play like children, we lose this seriousness that life often requires from us.
- Enjoying. Whatever gets us into a frame of joy, let’s do more of that. Being in joy brings more joy, bringing more joy, brings more joy.
Life offers us many opportunities every moment of every day to shift our perspective and our consciousness.
It is our choice to take life up on these offers, or to decline and stay covered under the protective blankets we have created to shield us from too much of everything.
The good thing is…..
You can read the FULL version of this article in our quarterly eZine, ‘Holistic Living Magazine,’ look for Edition 8 on this archive page. There’s many more articles about energy waiting for you too!
Barbara Patterson – Conscious Awareness Teacher