- 2 oranges
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of almond meal
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 5ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Boil whole oranges for 1 hour changing the water twice to remove any bitterness.
2. Drain and cool the oranges.
3. Blend oranges in a food processor.
4. Beat eggs, honey and cardamom until creamy, then stir in the orange pulp.
5. Add almond meal and baking powder. The mixture will be fairly soft.
6. Pour into non-stick loaf or baking tin, lined with baking paper.
7. Bake in a preheated at 160 degrees for oven 25-30 minutes or until firm.
8. Let cool in baking tin before lifting or cutting.
9. Serve with Strawberry and balsamic sauce.
For The Sauce
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
You can find much more information on living a holistic lifestyle in these free magazines and on our YouTube channel.
Hopewood has provided natural health and wellbeing advice and support at its Health Retreat for over 55 years. Thousands of guests have benefited from living a Hopewood lifestyle. Hopewood’s recipe for wellbeing promotes a healthy vegetarian diet and has over 250 pages of recipes and wellness tips.