The original low-carb innovator Atkins Nutritionals is asking all Australians to put an overhaul of their eating habits at the top of their New Year’s resolutions list this year – with its nutritional expert offering seven compelling reasons to hone in on healthy eating in 2020.
On average Australians gain 0.8-1.5 kg over the Christmas period [i] predominantly gained through over indulgence of party food and alcohol. Although it does not sound like much, often weight gained over the holiday period stays on, becoming more difficult to shift year on year.
But starting the New Year with new low carb eating habits can put you on track for positive change.
“Following a balanced, healthy eating plan, such as Atkins’ low-carbohydrate program has benefits that extend beyond weight loss and weight management.
Healthy eating habits boost energy levels and concentration, regulate sleeping patterns and reduce stress levels – all excellent reasons to hit the healthy road in 2020,” said Ms. Colette Heimowitz, Vice President of Nutrition and Education at Atkins Nutritionals.
“Transforming the way we look and feel is at the top of the resolution list for many of us each January, and swapping highly processed, high-carbohydrate foods for nutrient-rich whole foods, including colourful vegetables, low-sugar fruits, protein, dairy and whole grains is an excellent step towards changing our lives for the long-term,” she added.
Here Are Ms Heimowitz’s Top Seven Reasons To Go Low-Carb In 2020:
- LOSE OR MAINTAIN WEIGHT – Reducing carbs encourages the body to burn fat rather than store it, boosting rapid and effective weight loss and long-term weight management.
- UP YOUR ENERGY LEVELS – Restricting your carbohydrate intake helps the body avoid the insulin spikes that lead to lethargy, keeping energy levels high and on an even keel.
- INCREASE YOUR CONCENTRATION – By adopting an Atkins-style eating program, brain function and concentration levels can improve, leading to better mental performance.
- LOWER YOUR STRESS LEVELS – Studies show that a more nutritious low-carbohydrate diet reduces stress and anxiety levels.
- GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP – Lower-carb living reduces roller-coaster energy levels leaving you feel more rested and relaxed, ready to enjoy a sound night’s sleep.
- BOOST YOUR COMPLEXION – By eliminating processed sugar and reducing carbohydrates from your diet the benefits will go way beyond weight loss, improving the appearance of your and skin, including reducing the appearance of acne.
- IT’S GOOD FOR BODY AND SOUL – Scientific studies have proven an Atkins-style eating regime can not only positively impact our weight, but our overall health, wellbeing and state of mind. Read more about the findings and key benefits here.
You can find much more information on living a holistic lifestyle in these free magazines and on our YouTube channel.
For those ready to begin a low-carb lifestyle in the new year, Atkins Nutritionals provides a wealth of free advice, support and online tools – all which can be found at www.atkins.com. Atkins also offers a range of delicious tasting low-carb, low sugar snacks – available at leading supermarkets and select pharmacies – to help you feel satisfied, stay on track and achieve your goals.
[i] Source Nutrition Australia
ABOUT ATKINS: Scientifically formulated for safe and effective weight loss, weight management and healthy lifelong eating, Atkins is an easy to follow, flexible four-phased program (start at the phase that best suits you) that helps you build a diet around whole foods rich in vitamins and ‘good carbohydrates’ including low sugar fruits, leafy green vegetables, whole grains, nuts, legumes, dairy, good fats, and protein (fish, poultry, meat and tofu) – while at the same time helping you eliminate highly processed carbs such as white flour and sugar. For further information visit atkins.com