If you are someone who is into a stressful job or a job which requires you to sit on computer for long duration; or you are having sleepless nights because of some family problem or just because you broke up recently; then you must have searched Google for How to Cure Dark Circles/Home Remedies for Dark Circles more than a dozen times in a single day.
Dark Circles may ruin your look, no matter how flawless your skin is and how perfectly shaped you are. There are many expensive creams and serums targeting specifically the dark circles. Most of these costly products are just not worth the price. Good news is that you can effectively treat dark circles at home without spending a fortune.
Before going to various ways to cure them, it is imperative to know the causes:
- Wrong Sleeping Pattern: Deprivation from sleep, over sleeping or not having a regular sleeping schedule may cause dark circles
- Sun Damage
- Pigmentation of Skin Cells
- Genetics: Yes, dark circles may be in your genes. If none of the abovementioned causes explains your dark circles, they may probably be in your genes.
Whatever the cause may be, just give the following remedies a try to cure dark circles at home:
- Aloe Vera Gel: This is a tried and tested remedy over generations. Take fresh Aloe Vera gel and massage gently on the under eye area for 2 minutes. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Remove with a moist and warm cotton pad.
Do it twice daily for fast results.
Aloe Vera soothes the tender skin around eyes. Its antiseptic, antibacterial and hydrating properties are very effective in removing the dark circles.
Massage and warm moist cotton pad will stimulate the blood flow which will fasten the recovery.
Store bought Aloe Vera Gel can also be used but the results will take some time to show.
- Cucumber: Cucumber has a lot of antioxidants. Role of antioxidants in repair and rejuvenation of skin cells is well established.
Cut cucumber into slices. Put two slices in fridge. You can have a healthy mini meal of the remaining cucumber slices.
Take out the two slices from fridge after half an hour. Put these slices on your eyes for 15-20 minutes and relax. Wash off with cold water. Do it at least once daily to get rid of dark circles.
Another way to apply cucumber on eyes is to extract the cucumber juice. Freeze it in ice tray. Rub the ice cubes on eyes twice daily.
- Sweet Almond Oil: It is loaded with Vitamin E which has gained worldwide reputation for addressing almost all skin, hair and eyes issues. Vitamin E is an emollient, antioxidant, antibacterial and a hydrant. It is the main ingredient in all expensive eye creams which claim to remove dark circles. So why not go for sweet almond oil which is a natural source of Vitamin E and is a pocket friendly option.
Massage a generous amount of sweet almond oil on under eye area and leave it overnight.
You can also add gel from Vitamin E capsules to the oil for better and faster results.
- Green Tea Bags: These have astringent and antioxidant properties which stimulate the blood circulation when applied on under eye area. Blood flow to the dilated blood vessels will diminish the appearance of dark circles.
Freeze the tea bags and keep on eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Honey: Honey is loaded with antioxidants and micronutrients. It nourishes the tender under eye skin with much needed dose of nutrients.
Apply a thin layer of raw organic honey for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water and your dark circles will be gone in a matter of days.
Dark circles may be tricky to deal with. There is something more that has to be included in lifestyle to prevent and cure dark circles:
- A Heavy Duty SPF & UV Block
- Be choosy for the eye makeup brands & ingredients therein
- Be extra gentle on the eye contour area when applying and removing makeup
- Stay Hydrated
- Most important is a nutritious and balanced diet
Hello Readers !! Natalie and Caitlyn Bell are the founders of Healtholine, They started Healtholine to provide a platform where they could share informative articles related to health, fitness, beauty, weight loss etc. Natalie is a featured author at various authoritative blogs in the health and fitness industry. Connect with both sisters to know more.