Our skin is the largest organ of the human body. It protects us from solar rays and particles in the environment that we often can not see. This exposure protection often comes at a cost because our skin can become uneven in tone and dull in appearance. Our skin can develop dark marks and discoloured patches, not to mention how ageing affects the skin, as well as hormonal changes. The skin care industry is producing a myriad of products to help our skin heal and looking more plumb, healthy, and somewhat youthful.
Choosing The Right Anti-Ageing Skin Cream
Shopping for these anti-ageing skin care products is not as easy as we would like. Which products should you choose? Dermatologists give men and women tips that may help you shop armed with better information and more confidence. Begin your shopping for sunscreen and moisturizer ingredients in anti-ageing creams.
These two ingredients are the most powerful anti-aging products you can buy inexpensively. An important aspect of how to choose the right anti-ageing cream for you is to think about what on your skin you wish to address. For example, do you want a cream that helps with wrinkles, age spots, or dark spots?
Please understand that there is no product that is a panacea for all your skin issues. You may need to use more than one anti-aging product. Look at the creams that are formulated for your particular skin type. If your skin is oily, choose an anti-ageing cream that contains a moisturizer.
If your skin is on the dry side, choose emollients or if your skin is sensitive use creams that are designed for sensitive skin. Anti-ageing creams are very effective when they tout being hypoallergenic and/or non-acnegenic which means they do not cause acne problems.
Skin Care Product Ingredients
Remember that choosing the right anti-ageing skin care cream are the ingredients. Many of the more effective anti-aging ingredients that include Vitamins A, C, and E which are antioxidants that fight the free radicals that cause the skin’s ageing effects. Also, look for anti-ageing creams that contain botanical oils for skin hydration, moisturization, and skin protection.
An important factor in choosing anti-ageing creams – do not choose products with a high water content because the water may contain harmful emulsifiers and it does not necessarily hydrate the skin. Additional skin ingredients to look for include the following:
* SPF ingredients: Just as its name applies, SPF creams are vital in keeping our skin from looking dry and aged. SPF anti-ageing creams are the primary contributor to our skin’s health.
* Retinol ingredients: An insight into choosing creams with retinol as its strength. If your skin has just started showing signs of ageing, a lower concentration of retinol is suggested. If you have dark spots, retinol creams can be used as easy age spots removal product and you can probably choose a crèam with a high concentration of retinol. Retinol or Vitamin A is beneficial in improving how firm your skin looks, it reduces the size of our skin pores, it reduces wrinkles giving your skin a smoother appearance. Retinol in combination with creams containing antioxidants and SPF actually improves and protects the largest organ of the body.
* Peptides: Peptides are protein ladened amino acid particles. Peptides improve the skin’s tone, helps to prevent sagging skin, helps to lessen wrinkles, and its protein content strengthens the skin’s dermal and epidermal environment. Peptides, whether natural or synthetic works to improve our skin.
* Vitamin C ingredients: who doesn’t know that creams containing Vitamin C are safe and are great for the skin. Vitamin C heals, brightens, boosts collagen, prevents ageing, removes age spots and dark spots, protects our skin from UV rays, protects against skin pollutants, keeps our skin hydrated, relieves skin stresses, heals scars, and provides healthful vitamins to the pores of the skin.
* Glycolic Acid ingredients: If you see an anti-ageing cream with the word Alpha Hydroxy Acid, this is a glycolic acid based ingredient. This ingredient serves as an exfoliant for the skin that removes the dead skin cells giving you a smoother, younger looking skin surface.
* Lactic acid and Niacinamide are effective ingredients that lighten dark spots and age spots.
Choosing Multiple Anti-Ageing Creams
Here is an additional tip for choosing the right anti-ageing creams. Creams are available for wearing during the day or during the night. Each option benefits your skin. Dermatologists point out that our body regenerates when we are sleeping. Therefore, anti-ageing creams will be thicker with different chemical formulas than your daytime cremes.
When we sleep, our bodies regenerate, as does your skin. Nighttime anti-ageing creams will be heavier and contain a more intense chemical formula than daytime creams. Yes, you can wear both daytime cremes during the day and then switch over to nighttime creams. With daily use, the right cream for your skin helps with firming out skin wrinkles and addressing skin spots.