Despite all your training and the time and energy you put in to your natural health business do you sometimes feel like a fraud when you describe yourself as a ‘small business owner’?
Having others consider your business a hobby, or perhaps even considering it one yourself, is a common problem for natural therapists but if you want your business to succeed it is essential that you get out of the hobbyist mindset.
Natural therapists are passionate about helping people but it is vital to recognise that you can still help people and make money from your work.
One of the best ways to overcome the hobbyist mindset is to ‘project to receive’. Stop thinking of your business as a hobby, treat it as a ‘proper’ job with all the gravitas that it deserves and you will find that others will do the same.
You Can Also Try These Simple Changes To Create A More Professional Feel For Your Business.
- Set yourself working hours and stick to them.
- Make sure you have a dedicated workspace and keep it for work!
- Keep on top of your business administration; file papers, keep track of accounts, issue receipts and so on.
- Stick to a time limit with your sessions.
- Charge what you are worth.
- Have a professional website where people can read about who you are and what you do.
If you have a modality that can look at your subconscious belief patterns you can also start looking for blocks around how you see successful people, money and affluence.
These are all very common mindset blocks around business (natural therapist or not) so use your talents to clear them and let your business prosper.
If you are still struggling it might be time to find a business mentor who is sympathetic to your beliefs and can help you move forward.